Dr. Leu specializes in diagnosing and treating conditions of the skin. She performs cosmetic procedures to improve the skin's appearance, and she removes skin lesions when medically necessary or desired by the patient. Full skin examinations can be performed to assess for the presence of skin cancers or atypical/pre-cancerous spots which are then treated. If interested, please inquire about this service when you are making your appointment. Some of the conditions that Dr. Leu treats include the following:
- Squamous cell skin cancer
- Atypical moles (dysplastic nevi)
- Inflamed or infected Cysts
Dr. Leu's many years of artistic training make her uniquely suited to performing cosmetic procedures. She offers the following cosmetic services:
- Fillers - Juvederm Ultra XC®
- Chemical peels. Used to treat sunspots, melasma, acne, and uneven skin tone and texture, each treatment takes about 10 minutes. Several treatments are typically required for optimal results.
Dr. Leu performs surgical procedures to remove some types of skin growths. A consultation is required to determine the diagnosis and best treatment method. Some growths can be removed at the initial office visit; others may require a separate appointment. Depending on the location, size, and type of growth, Dr. Leu may recommend a different physician to perform the procedure (ie. a plastic surgeon).